Best Friend™ Grazing Muzzles are recommended by equine health professionals to prevent Laminitis, as well as treat Laminitis, founder, and obesity.
The small opening in the bottom allows horses a limited amount of grass, yet unlimited water. Rather than being restricted to a non-grass environment to control intake, horses are free to exercise and socialize as part of the herd. The Best Friend grazing muzzles are lightweight, resist rubbing and chafing and will not rot.
The body of the Best Friend grazing muzzle is made of soft, comfortable webbing with neoprene padding on the noseband to help prevent rubbing. The bottom is made of flexible and durable reinforced rubber. Both designs have a breakaway feature that will hold in place under normal circumstances, yet will break away if a horse panics and struggles to free itself. This feature greatly reduces the risk of injury to the horse.
- Limits grazing, not drinking
- Built-in breakaway halter
- Lightweight & resist rubbing and chafing
- Extra breakaway buckle
- 5 -point adjustable breakaway system
- Padded noseband
- Nylon/rubber construction
- Resistant to rot and mildew
- Entirely synthetic, and therefore rot-free and easily cleaned
- Used for managing or preventing laminitis
The Best Friend™ Deluxe Grazing Muzzle
This is a combination Muzzle and breakaway halter all-in-one. The design utilizes a plastic side-release buckle as its breakaway feature. It comes with a spare breakaway buckle that can be easily attached in the field.
The Best Friend™ Standard Grazing Muzzle
A standard muzzle designed to fit a breakaway halter. Particularly suitable for tiny ponies that are more prone to laminitis.
Best Friend Have-A-Heart Muzzle
- Noseband can be expanded to reduce potential rubbing.
- V-Strap helps keep the muzzle from coming off your horse’s nose. It also helps to position the muzzle and keep some of the weight off the nose to further reduce rubbing.
- Smooth padding on the adjustable noseband helps further reduce friction.
- The enlarged openings allow for additional air flow.